What is Kojo?
Kojo is an open source learning environment that is available as a desktop-app
for Linux, Windows, and Mac,
and as a web-app that runs on any modern internet-browser.
Inside Kojo, youngsters (from ages 8 to 80!) – play, create, and
- Play with Scala programs.
- Create drawings, animations, games, and Arduino based intelligent circuits (with
- Learn :
- Logical, Critical, and Creative thinking
- Computer programming and Computing
- Problem solving
- Math and Physics
- Game development
- Electronics and Robotics
- Artificial intelligence and data science
- Emotional grit
- Collaboration (via pair programming)
- And a lot more...
- Very importantly, they also learn how to learn with understanding, given the opportunity to apply
learned ideas to many different situations, and the exploration, discovery, and creation involved in this
All of this fosters in them a mindset of experimentation, innovation, self-reliance, growth, mental discipline,
and teamwork – with Kojo as the enabler.